Effective Date: February 15, 2021
2. Limitations on the Use of Information on the Website
- 1.The information posted on the Website and other content that constitutes the Website, in whole or in part (including, but not limited to, texts, photos, designs, and logos), are protected by the laws and regulations of various countries and by treaties. Use of this information (including reproduction, modification, uploading, display, transmission, licensing, and sale) for purposes other than personal use or other uses permitted by law is prohibited without TDK-Lambda's prior written consent.
- 2.As allowed by robots.txt protocol, a crawler can be used solely for the purpose of crawling the Website, but TDK-Lambda may, at its discretion, block any crawlers.
- 3.TDK-Lambda may, at its discretion, block the specified IP address in order to continue provision of services on the Website or to maintain its safety.
- 4.Software provided on the Website is copyrighted material of the respective copyright holders. All provided software must be used in accordance with individual software user license agreements and applicable laws, regulations, and treaties.
- 5.The “TDK-Lambda” trademark and the names of TDK-Lambda products mentioned on the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of TDK. Other product and company names are the trade names, trademarks, or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
The following are prohibited with respect to using the Website:
- 1.Any conduct that infringes or may infringe on the property or privacy of any third party or TDK-Lambda (including TDK-Lambda Group companies; the same applies hereinafter);
- 2.Any conduct that causes or may cause disadvantage or harm to any third party or TDK-Lambda;
- 3.Any conduct that violates or may violate public order or morals;
- 4.Any criminal act and any conduct that leads to or may lead to a criminal act;
- 5.Registration of the email address of any third person;
- 6.Any conduct that constitutes sales or for-profit activity or is intended as preparation for such activity;
- 7.Any conduct that impinges on the honor or reputation of any third party or TDK-Lambda;
- 8.Any conduct that constitutes or may constitute the use or provision of malicious software such as computer viruses;
- 9.Any conduct that violates or may violate applicable laws, regulations or ordinances, etc.; and,
- 10.Any conduct that TDK-Lambda determines to be inappropriate.
As a general policy, TDK-Lambda does not accept proposals from the public concerning new products, technologies, designs, manufacturing methods, advertising and publicity, or marketing.
If you wish to submit a proposal notwithstanding the above policy, all submissions received shall be deemed to have been made subject to the following conditions.
- 1.TDK-Lambda shall not be under any duty of confidentiality for any proposal.
- 2.TDK-Lambda shall be under no obligation to investigate, evaluate, or adopt any proposal.
- 3.TDK-Lambda shall not be liable to pay any compensation whatsoever to any person who submits a proposal, even in the event TDK-Lambda adopts a submitted proposal or a similar idea.
5. Global Availability
Any information posted on the Website may be about products, services, or application software not published or offered in a customer's country. This information does not necessarily mean the intention of TDK to publish or offer these products, services, or application software in a customer's country. For information about products, services, or application software available in any country, please ask the sales representative in such country.
6. Caution Concerning Forward-Looking Statements
The Website contains forward-looking statements, including projections, plans, policies, management strategies, targets, schedules, understandings, and evaluations, about TDK-Lambda or TDK-Lambda Group. These forward-looking statements are based on current forecasts, estimates, assumptions, plans, beliefs, and evaluations of TDK-Lambda Group in the light of information currently available to it, and contain known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors. TDK-Lambda Group, therefore, wishes to caution readers that, being subject to risks, uncertainties, and other factors, TDK-Lambda Group's actual results, performance, achievements, or financial position could be materially different from any future results, performance, achievements, or financial position expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements, and TDK-Lambda Group undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements after posting it on the Website.
The electronics markets in which TDK-Lambda Group operates are highly susceptible to rapid changes. Risks, uncertainties, and other factors that can have significant effects on TDK-Lambda Group include, but are not limited to, shifts in technology, fluctuations in demand, prices, interest and foreign exchange rates, and changes in economic environments, conditions of competition, laws, and regulations.
While every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the content of the Website, TDK-Lambda assumes no responsibility whatsoever for problems resulting from, but not limited to, incorrect information, unauthorized alteration of content by a third party, or difficulties associated with the electronic transfer of data.
The original language of the Website is Japanese. In the case of any discrepancy between the translation and the Japanese original, the latter shall prevail.
7. Use for Business Purposes
- 1.TDK-Lambda takes due care with regard to information posted on the Website. Nonetheless, TDK-Lambda makes no warranty concerning the accuracy, validity, reliability, suitability, for a particular use, or safety (including termination of function, correction of errors, and absence of computer virus or other harmful elements on the Website or servers) of the information on the Website. TDK-Lambda shall not be liable for any harm resulting from the use of information on the Website or the inability to use such information.
- 2.TDK-Lambda may, without prior notice, change the content of the Website, or suspend or terminate its operation. TDK-Lambda shall not be liable for any harm resulting from any changes to the content of the Website or from suspension or termination of its operation.
- 3.TDK-Lambda shall not be responsible for protecting personal information on websites (including the websites of both businesses and individuals) to which there are links on the Website.
- 4.The Website may include articles, content, and materials compiled by other companies and introductions to websites and services, etc. operated by other companies. TDK-Lambda shall not be responsible in any way for these items, including their accuracy, usability, certainty, usefulness, and safety (no interruption of functions, error amendment, no computer viruses or other harmful objects on the Website concerned or server, etc.). TDK-Lambda shall not be liable for any harm resulting from the use of information on the Website or the inability to use such information.
9. Log-in Services （myTDK）
Before you intend to use the log-in service (myTDK), you are required to register as a member. Conditions for registering as a member in the Services are as follows:
- (1) You have come of age;
- (2) You have an ability to understand the specific language;
- (4) You are not, have not been or used antisocial forces, and your principal investor or officer is not a member of antisocial forces; and
- (5) Your membership of the Services has not been revoked or your use of the services has not been terminated.
TDK may choose to refuse registration as a member if there is any misrepresentation in the registered content, or if your membership qualification has been revoked, or if any of the conditions for registering as a member are not satisfied, or if TDK determines that you are inappropriate to be a member. If TDK does not approve an application for registration as a member, TDK shall not be liable to disclose or explain to the applicant the reason why it does not approve, and be liable for any harm caused to the applicant resulting from its disapproval.
A registered member is allowed to have one account. Unless TDK approves separately, a registered member cannot have two or more accounts.
Use of Log-in Services（myTDK）
TDK may provide a registered member with information in which he/she is deeply interested or which is closely related to his/her business, on the Website and myTDK page, or may provide a registered member with information about a product exclusively for him/her. TDK shall not disclose or allow to use such information to any third party, except persons in the organization in use who need to know such information to the extent necessary to consider using TDK products.
Management of User ID and Password
A registered member and the company in which he/she is engaged agree to assume responsibility for any activities conducted using the registered member's account or password.
A registered member's ID and password can be used only by a user who has received from TDK a notice of registration as a member and may not be assigned or lent to any third party (including any persons in the organization to which a registered member belongs), or otherwise disposed of, without TDK's approval.
A registered member is required to immediately inform TDK of any loss or theft, etc. of his/her ID and password.
Change to Registered Information
In the event there is a change to registered information supplied at the time of registration, the registered member must immediately change the registered information (some information such as email address cannot be changed). When it is apparent that registered information is incorrect (company name, zip code and address, etc.), TDK may correct it at its sole discretion.
Notice to Registered Members
TDK shall provide a registered member with a notice by email addressed to his/her email address or by means TDK approves as appropriate. TDK shall not be liable for any disadvantage or harm caused to a registered member resulting from his/her not having entered up-to-date and correct information or not having provided a notice of change. If a registered member has not notified TDK of his/her up-to-date and correct email address, or if a problem has occurred in sending an email to a registered member, TDK may, without prior notice to him/her by telephone or other means, delete information about him/her.
When a registered member wishes to withdraw from membership for his/her own reasons, he/she is required to apply for withdrawal procedures specified by TDK.
Change to or Termination of the Services
- 1. TDK may, without prior notice, change the content of the Services, in whole or in part. TDK may suspend or terminate the Services, in whole or in part, after a specified period of notice. In case of emergency, TDK may, without prior notice, suspend or terminate the Services, in whole or in part.
- 2. TDK shall announce any change to, suspension or termination of the Services by posting on the Website or by other means which TDK approves as appropriate. TDK shall not be liable for any disadvantage or harm caused to any customer or third party resulting from its change, suspension, or termination of the Services.
Temporary Suspension of the Services
In any of the following cases, TDK may, without prior notice, temporarily suspend the Services.
TDK shall not be liable for any disadvantage or harm caused to any customer or third party resulting from its suspension of the Services.
- (1) If difficulties occur in equipment and systems, etc. used for the Services or by TDK, or the maintenance, inspection, and repair of such equipment and systems, etc. are required;
- (2) If it becomes impossible to provide the Services, due to a fire, power failure, etc.;
- (3) If it becomes impossible to provide the Services, due to acts of God, including earthquake, volcanic eruption, flood, tsunami, typhoon, and blizzard;
- (4) If it becomes impossible to offer the Services, due to a war, commotion, riot, disturbance, terrorism, labor dispute, etc.; or,
- (5) If TDK determines it to be necessary to temporarily suspend the Services for operational or technical reasons.
No Antisocial Forces
- 1.TDK does not have any relationship with gang groups, members, or associate members of gang group, companies associated with gang group, corporate extortionists, etc., groups engaging in criminal activities under the pretext of conducting social campaigns, and crime groups specialized in intellectual crimes (hereinafter, “Antisocial Forces”) and may choose to refuse use of the Services and the Website by Antisocial Forces, a member thereof, or a person associate therewith (hereinafter, “Member, etc. of Antisocial Forces”). Accordingly, a customer is required to represent and warrant that he/she is not Antisocial Forces or a Member, etc. of Antisocial Forces before using the Services and the Website.
- 2.If TDK determines that a customer is Antisocial Forces or a Member, etc. of Antisocial Forces, or if a customer has any posting or conduct that indicates that he/she is Antisocial Forces or any posting or conduct that encourages Antisocial Forces, TDK shall, at its discretion, take all reasonable measures, including deletion of such posting and the revocation of membership qualification. TDK shall not be liable for any disadvantage or harm caused to a customer resulting therefrom.
11. Applicable Laws and Court of Competent Jurisdiction