- Industry leading* power density (max. output power 30 W, mounting footprint 1 inch2)
May 20, 2015
TDK Corporation announces the successful development of the CCG series of isolated type DC-DC converters to be marketed under the TDK-Lambda brand. TDK-Lambda Corporation will start accepting orders for the new product from June, and shipping will begin in July 2015.
The CCG series products are onboard type DC-DC converters with a wide input range, based on a 1 x 1 inch footprint. The CCG30 model realizes a 30 watt output rating in a form factor of only one square inch, thereby helping to reduce control board space requirements. The input voltage range is 9 to 36 or 18 to 76 VDC, making the products suitable for use with battery powered equipment and control boards. In cases where separate versions (12 VDC / 24 VDC) of earlier products such as the CC-E series were used, it is now possible to unify converter selection by adopting the wide-range CCG series, resulting in better design flexibility and contributing to higher productivity.
The CCG series achieves an industry leading power density rating, providing up to 30 watts of power from a mounting footprint of only one square inch. Use of the new converters therefore reduces footprint requirements and enables higher mounting density on control boards for various types of equipment.
* As of May 2015, according to TDK data
- Control boards in ICT equipment (base stations, servers), semiconductor manufacturing equipment, measuring equipment, general industrial equipment, etc.
- Compact dimensions: 30 W output from 1 x 1 inch footprint
* Among the smallest in the industry, about 50% less than comparable earlier products
- Wide input voltage range: 9 to 36 VDC and 18 to 76 VDC input types available
* About twice the input voltage range of comparable earlier products
- Six-sided shielded construction for noise protection: In addition to metal enclosure, PCB copper foil provides bottom shielding
- High efficiency: 91% (CCG30-48-15S)
- Wide ambient temperature range for operation: Usage in environments from -40°C to +85°C supported
- 1,500 VDC Withstand voltage rating (1 minute): High input to output isolation contributes to enhanced safety
|Input voltage range||9 to 36 VDC||18 to 76 VDC|
|Output voltage range||-10 to +10%|
|Operating temperature||-40°C to +85°C|
|Withstand voltage||Input to output: 1500 V DC, Input/output to enclosure 1000 V DC, 1 minute|
|Size (W x H x D)||25.4 x 9.9 x 25.4 mm (1 x 0.39 x 1 inch)|
|Safety||UL60950-1, CSA60950-1, EN60950-1|
About TDK Corporation
TDK Corporation is a leading electronics company based in Tokyo, Japan. It was established in 1935 to commercialize ferrite, a key material in electronic and magnetic products. TDK's portfolio includes electronic components, modules and systems* marketed under the product brands TDK and EPCOS, power supplies, magnetic application products as well as energy devices, flash memory application devices, and others. TDK focuses on demanding markets in the areas of information and communication technology and consumer, automotive and industrial electronics. The company has a network of design and manufacturing locations and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America. In fiscal 2015, TDK posted total sales of USD 9.0 billion and employed about 88,000 people worldwide.
* The product portfolio includes ceramic, aluminum electrolytic and film capacitors, ferrites, inductors, high-frequency components such as surface acoustic wave (SAW) filter products and modules, piezo and protection components, and sensors.
About TDK-Lambda Corporation
TDK-Lambda Corporation, a group company of TDK Corporation, is a leading global power supply company providing highly reliable power supplies for industrial equipment worldwide. TDK-Lambda Corporation meets the various needs of customers with our entire range of activities, from research and development through to manufacturing, sales, and service with bases in five key areas, covering Japan, Europe, America, China, and Asia.
For more details, please pay a visit to http://www.tdk-lambda.com/en/
Contact for media
|Mr. Akira TESHIMA||TDK Corporation
|+81 3 firstname.lastname@example.org|